23 May 2009

layouts + a winner!

It's been some busy days lately in my real life so I'm just now getting around to posting my recent layouts and the winner for my challenge (last week). Yay!

Layouts

(for credits click at the images):

I joined in on the chat with Amanda of Taylor Made designs yesterday. It was fun and very new to me - but I think I will try it out again ;) In the chat she had a challenge for us and I made this LO:




Amanda wanted us to focus on the use of blending modes and she linked us with this tutorial. It was so fun, I don't do this very often - at least not on photos (I love to bled papers!!). Here is my original photo:



First I made this:


Using these blending modes:

o. original
1. screen
2. multiply 90%
3. soft light (black-white)
4. screen (sepia)
5. soft light (sepia)
6. overlay (sepia)

Then I made this - my favorite:



Using these blending modes:

1. filled the background with light-blue color
2. color dodge
3. screen
4. overlay
5. vivid light
6. saturation (black and white)
7. soft light

When I put together the layout I originally wanted to use the original photo, but I ended up changing it up a bit (using blending modes that I can't remember) and making it black and white... It took me some time to get the layout together, but I'm so pleased with the result!! Thanks for the challenge Amanda - and for the freebies as well!!

Then I made this for her other challenge at Catscrap:



Spotlight
This week Fei-Fei stuff's is in the spotlight at Oscraps, she gave us freebies and the full tilt challenge (it lasts till Sunday so why not join in on the fun!!). I made two LO's using her fantastic tilted templates:







And finally over to the winner
of my challenge!

I love how you used my template Natacha! Thanks for joining in and please send me an email to limeblog (here you put in the at) gmail.com and let me know where you want to spend the $4 price - and I'll send you a giftcard from that shop! You might be the only one entering my challenge - but I love how you dressed it non the less!!

The image is linked, please jump over to her gallery and give her some love and see credits for the papers and elements :D



I'm now putting a password to my template, send me an email (address above) if you want it ;) And if anyone use it (it's been downloaded 250 times so I guess someone is using it...) - please let me now!!

No comments: